Welcome to my first unit study!! I’m so excited that you’re interested in going through creation with your children. Over the next few days, I’ll be releasing the full 14 lesson unit, in 8 blog posts. I hope this will make it easier for you to find the lesson you need.
This is the intro post, I’ll be sharing a few details that might help you in getting started!
What You Need To Know
- First and foremost, always choose wisely and with prayer, what you study with your children. Be wise and discern if the material used is at the level your child needs. When I wrote this unit study, this was right at my sons level, to keep him interested, and for my to get my feet wet, with creating a unit he’d enjoy. Basically, it’s a simple study!! So please feel free to tailor this to the needs of your child.
- Second, it took us about 30-45 minutes with each lesson, and that’s only because we discussed a lot of stuff, and I gave him plenty of time to draw in his notebook!
- Third, wherever I have link scripture, the version I’ve chosen is NASB, New American Standard Bible.
- Fourth, I will generally follow up our unit study with ABC Mouse at this time, for his math, letters, etc. It’s entirely up to you to add these subjects to your day. My unit study tends to stay with history, science, geography, social studies as it’s subject base.
- Fifth, I try to add at least one activity per lesson, because my children LOVE doing them. I have recently downsized our craft supplies, so the activities I choose are simple and use the most basic supplies. I’m fairly certain, you can find the supplies at a dollar store, if funds are tight!
A Few More Things You Need To Know
I’ll be sharing my GoodReads list, a pinterest board and a youtube playlist, where I’ve collected material for this study. I haven’t used everything in these tools, so please use wisdom. I have tried to go through the youtube playlist, as I considered that priority.
I’ve tried to do this as frugally as possible, because right now…our funds are zero. I’ll also make notations of big bang theories, or anything that might be something you’ll need a heads up on!
I’ll also be sharing a Shabbat cleaning list, and I’m going to make it a printable.
Good Reads book list
Pinterest creation board
YouTube Creation playlist
Objectives for This Study