So, another weeks planning that has gone array. But the simple fact is, having A plan, is better than no plan. Having A plan, means when I can’t think of anything to eat, I simply look at my weeks menu, and choose what hits my fancy that night.
Last weeks hits:
Slow Cooker Sesame-Orange Chicken, with cauli-rice. OMG. That’s all. OH EM GEEEEEEEE. 😉 I adapted it from Against All Grains, by Danielle Walker.
Tater Tot Bake! Recipe below. This was good, and I made enough to double the outcome, and froze the second one.
Tater Tot Bake
- 2 cups tater tots, frozen
- 2-3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1-2lbs ground meat, cooked
- 1-2 cups cheese, grated
- Salt, ground pepper, rosemary, garlic powder, chili powder, sage. To taste. I used just a small dash of chili powder, and couldn’t taste any heat from it.
- Start meat cooking. I usually add a little water to help it cook fast. You may use oil, if you’d like too.
- Line bottom of baking dish with single layer of frozen tots.
- Mix all spices together.
- Grate cheese and chop broccoli.
- Add spices to meat once cooked completely, allow to brown just a little.
- Layer broccoli over tots, followed by meat and spices mix.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the oven, covered, at 325.
- Remove cover, add grated cheese and return to oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes or so.
Serve with salad or additional steamed veggies!!
Now for the menu of the week!
Sunday- Slow Cooker Pot Roast (From Against All Grain)
Monday- Hot dogs and Tater tots
Tuesday- Leftover Roast
Wednesday- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos(from AAG), with Simple Paleo Tortillas
Thursday- Toddler Approved Veggie Curry, with ground beef. (from AAG)
Friday- Paleo Enchiladas!
Saturday- Free night. 😉
*I’m doing a lot of recipes from Against All Grain, simply because we usually have the items on hand now, since our dietary changes this last year. It’s amazing to open a recipe book, and point to ANY recipe and not HAVE to adapt anything to make it something we can eat. 🙂 Now I can just ‘creatively’ adapt! 😉 I will say though, that any recipe we love and have adapted to our tastes, I’ll share with y’all!
Once again, sharing my menu over here: