This recipe is an adaptation to a recipe found in Against All Grain. Since you know…I can’t stick with the recipe word for word! *this is probably why my baking skills never panned out, I’m told that it’s a science. lol!!*
2 pounds of chicken,(breast, tenderloins, thighs, whatever)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup honey
1 cup orange juice
1 small can of tomato paste
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes ( you can increase this to your families ‘hot’ tastes!)
Optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- Place your chicken into the slow cooker.
- Mix all of your other ingredients together, before placing into the pot. I didn’t do that, and I’m sure you could just dump it in like I did, but I think it will incorporate much better if you mixed before adding to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the cooker.
- Transfer your sauce into a small stalk pot, and simmer until the sauce is reduced, and thickened.
- Serve with cauli-rice, or regular rice.